Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birthday week has begun...

It's my birthday week! I am getting closer to 60 but I don't care. I had no control over when I was born, I'm just trying to live every day filled with love, fun and purpose. 


Best. Birthday. Ever.

My sweet friend Susan hosted a party for me last week. I have had some wonderful parties through the years but this one may be the Best. One. Ever. 

My birthday is on 11/11/11 this year and that was the theme of the party. The party started at 11:11! Susan put together some fun facts about Chinese red envelopes and numerology that were interesting. 




Lorie and Susan asked everyone for a picture when they were 11. It was fun to guess who was who!

11 those were the days my friend... 

 Susan

 Lorie

 Eileen ~ Cindy ~ Billie

Beckie

 
My cousin Amy and I share the same birthday and we always celebrated together. 


They also prepared questions about what we were doing when we were 11. We laughed and also had some tender moments as we took turns answering the questions. 

That's not all... they asked everyone share 11 things they love about me. Needless to say it was a 11 tissue day! I felt so loved and grateful for amazing, thoughtful friends. 


We also enjoyed a delicious lunch. Susan made pasta primevera with shrimp. She knows how much I like shrimp. 

Billie brought apple pie for dessert. I enjoy pie more than cake. Nothing wrong with a birthday pie, right?

  Susan ~ Cindy ~ Lorie ~ Me ~ Billie

Susan ~ Cindy ~ Beckie ~ Me ~ Billie

I had a perfect day surrounded by dear friends.

(We missed Barb, Becky and Denise!) 

The next night Susan invited me to see "My Fair Lady" at the Hale Centre Theatre. I love the music, On the Street Where You Live’...’With a Little Bit of Luck’...‘Get Me to the Church on Time’...’I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face’...‘Wouldn’t It Be Loverly?’ It was outstanding, superb acting, the sets and costumes were breathtaking. Thank you Susan for your gift, you are so generous!