Thursday, October 23, 2008

Angel Friends

Susan Savage, Sharon Lambert, Karen Sell and me

I had the privilege of serving in a Relief Society presidency with these great women back in 1988. It was a turning point in my life. I learned things from them that helped me become a better person. The confidence and patience they showed me when I was learning has helped me with every calling I have had since. They are my "Sunday Best" friends and Monday through Saturday too! They live righteous lives everyday of the week. They don't gossip and I have never heard them say anything unkind about another. Susan and Sharon's husbands have passed away. I admire the courage and faith they have shown. They fill their days with serving others and spending time with their families. Karen is so talented and is a devoted wife and mother. She is also always serving and giving to others.

We celebrated Karen's birthday today at the new Paradise Bakery in American Fork - yummy! We have been going to lunch together for about 20 years. Jeffrey R. Holland reminded us that we have heavenly help, of angels dispatched in time of need. But some of them we walk with and talk with - here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us... we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind." I am grateful for my forever, angel friends!