Saturday, August 1, 2026

All is right in the world...

 

Shaun ~ Briar ~ Colby

Colby has been off on different adventures for about a month now. He went camping with the young men and did some repelling. Then he went to Beaver and helped Nana and Brian move a bunch of stuff. He also went to St George and to the Property with them. It wasn't all work, they had lots of fun too. 

Last year he went to Lyman, Wyoming with Brain's daughter and her husband. He really enjoyed helping Shaun with different chores and even did some hunting. Shaun gave him one of his rifles. Colby told me several times that he hoped he would be invited back this year. He got his wish and spent last week with Shaun and Briar. 

Colby got to help move some steers, more hunting, learned how to skin a rabbit, and tan a hide. He even learned how to drive a stick shift in Shaun's big truck. He helped with chores again, like spraying weeds and other things. He loved every minute and can't wait to go back. Colby like being out in the country where it's quiet and peaceful. He had lots of grass fed beef, corn, and potatoes... nothing green though!

I really missed Colby and I offered to go pick him on Thursday. I know the road to Lyman very well. It's just a little over 2 hours. I enjoyed meeting and talking with Shaun and Briar.

Shaun has a "pet" bobcat and we walked behind the house to see it. He asked me to come in the pen but I had to pass. I didn't know that it had been declawed, but still. The bobcat seemed very calm and went right over to Colby and played with their dog.



I was drawn to some hollyhocks in the yard, it reminded me of home. I sure love my Colby. 

Shaun reminded me of my brothers. He was so patient with Colby and they have a special bond. Shaun didn't just teach skills, there were life lessons along the way also. Colby is very teachable and wants to do his best. Shaun taught Colby the proper way to shake hands. He told him no limp noodle but a firm grip and to match the other persons grip. Shaun's Dad teased Colby about wearing sweat pants to move the steers. He jokingly called him "pajama boy." I may have to get Colbs some Wranglers for next time!

Colby brought home a few skulls. Grizz and Ruby were curious about that!

When I took Colby home I asked Grahm what kind of dessert he wanted for his family birthday party on Sunday. He said he wanted pumpkin pie. They didn't have any at Harmon's and I mentioned that to Colby. In true Colby style he offered to come help me make pie. He's just like that and we had a lot of fun. We will see how it tastes tomorrow!



I need to work on making the crust look better, it's a little rustic!



I'm happy Colby has had a fun summer, that's exactly how it should be. But I really did missed him, he adds so much happiness to my life. I'm very grateful he was protected and is home safe. Once again all is right is the world!

In other news this happened, lots of miles on my car and it's still stupid hot!