Monday, January 15, 2024

When you thought I wasn't looking...

 

For Tiffani...

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and it made me feel so proud and inspired that I immediately wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and it taught me that it’s important to be kind to animals, even if they’re not our own.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and it showed me that the little things in life can be the most special.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer, and it gave me comfort to know that there is someone who is always there for me to talk to.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and it taught me that we all have a responsibility to help take care of each other.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and wanted to say,’ Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.’