Thursday, January 13, 2022

ThrowBack Thursday ~ Who wore it best?


October 1990



Christopher 
or
Cash and Colby?


October 2014
Colby and Cash



Christopher and Mark loved the "TMNT" - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, "Hero's in a Halfshell!" They were a team of four turtle mutants who were trained by their sensei, Master Splinter, in the art of Ninjutsu. Chris really wanted to be Michelangelo. I made a lot of their Halloween costumes over the years but this one was way over my skill level. But knowing how much Chris wanted it, I bought the pattern and fabric and went for it. I was up half the night and was really struggling with the darn shell. Since I could not call anyone in the middle of the night to help me, I actually got down on my knees to ask for help. It worked and I pulled it off. Chris loved it, the kids at school thought it was cool - and more importantly the Mom's were very impressed!

I also made Mark's Mario costume, where does the time go?