Sunday, May 24, 2020

Why should we remember?


"War is a terrible thing. It's not wars we should remember on Memorial Day, we are remembering those who served and those who gave their last full measure of devotion in order to insure the freedoms we enjoy. There is, among veterans, no more hoped for desire than the desire that their own sons and daughters will never have to suffer the terrors of war, or the effects of war."
Uncle Marion

My uncle, Marion Federer who was killed during WWII.

My Dad, Ivan Lester Federer

I remember my Dad who also served our country.

My brother Marion

I remember my own brother Marion, who served during the Vietnam War. He could barely speak of it. I have always been grateful he returned home safe. I love him.


Over the years, Memorial Day has also become a day to remember any loved ones who have passed away, regardless if they served in the military or not.



What a beautiful day, Tim and I enjoy walking around the cemeteries, and remembering.




For Chris, remembering Big George...