Monday, November 26, 2018

Lucas...

"A grandmother is one of those rare 
individuals who you may always depend on."
A few weeks ago a mom came to volunteer for a few days and helped us with some classes who were working on sewing projects. The mom that came has been helping for several years. She had her grandson with her and I asked her if she was tending him. She said no, he lives with us. I don't know all the details but LeAnn said that her daughter moved to Washington with her husband a few months ago. LeAnn told me that her daughter has a lot of problems and she was worried about her grandson Lucas. Lucas was so good while she walked around to help the students. He's only nine months old. I held him and he smiled, he's so adorable. It tugged at my heart to think that his mother could leave him but he will always be able to depend on his grandma. I could tell she loves him with all her heart. She is in the process of obtaining guardianship of Lucas. I pray for LeAnn and know she will blessed as she cares for Lucas.