Thursday, May 26, 2016

ThrowBack Thursday ~ Aunt Mildred...

My dear Aunt Mildred passed away last Friday, May 20th. This was not unexpected, however it made me sad. She has been failing for some time now and in considerable pain. It's always a relief to know the suffering is over. I have been talking with my cousin Patti and was grateful for the updates. I wish I could have seen Aunt Mildred and my cousins more through the years, but Arkansas was so far away. When Grandma and Grandpa Ames were still alive, they came to Cheyenne almost every summer. We always had a lot of fun. I did visit them in Arkansas one time, it was so hot!

I will miss talking with Aunt Mildred on the phone. I will also miss her sense of humor and cute accent. I loved hearing her reminisce and tell stories about our family. She was so proud of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She was positive and I never heard her say anything unkind. She and Mom were more than sisters, they were best friends. She sent me a note awhile back and ended it with this: “Kenny, Roseanne, Marion, Ernie, Lloyd, Les, and Eileen were known as 'The Federer Brats' and Carol, Scott, Patti and Susie were known as the 'Warr Kids'.........Brats or Kids, You are Dearly Loved !!!!” Love you forever Aunt Mildred, until we meet again.

 Aunt Mildred and Mom

 Aunt Mildred in Paris

 Me, Patti and Aunt Mildred

Uncle Ken, Mom and Aunt Mildred 
at Mom's 80th birthday party