Thursday, May 26, 2016

Dad's boots...

I got my Dad's boots after he passed away. I kept them because my brothers all wear a different size than he did. I have enjoyed looking at them through the years and thinking of him. He looked so handsome in his western shirts and boots.
I took the boots to the Federer Family Reunion last summer to see if any other family members wanted them. Everyone has bigger feet than Dad! My cousins Brenda came to the reunion all the way from Oklahoma. She told me she makes purses and could make one from Dad's boots. I thought it was a great idea.

This package came in the mail today.

I love my new purse and I think Brenda did a beautiful job. She mailed the purse in the original boot box. She told me it was difficult to cut them knowing they were my Dad's. She said Dad was the best and she enjoyed making them for me.


Having this purse as a keepsake means so much to me. It reminds of how blessed I was to have such a wonderful Dad. I still miss him.