Friday, September 16, 2011

Birthday Boy!

Cash turned 1 on September 14! Tiffani spent the day with him, just the two of them. She took him to the Thanksgiving Point Farm and loved on him all day. 



In the evening we gathered at Mark and Tiff's for a party. Tiffani made darling decorations and lots of yummy treats. I know Cash will look at the pictures and know how much he is loved.

I can't believe a year has passed. Every month I feel I've been part of a miracle. We watched Cash grow inside of Tiffani. We watched him move on an ultrasound. We were overjoyed at his birth. We held him when he couldn't lift his head. We cheered the first time he rolled over. We propped him up with pillows so he could sit up. We laughed and cheered again when he pulled himself up on the furniture.

Uncle Chris and Cash


And now here he is, one year old turning the pages of his favorite book, making mooing sounds like a cow. He cruises everywhere now and I am so grateful to have had a front row seat to this amazing first year of his life. Truth is none of us want to share him, he's so irresistible and sweet. Our families are small but love is abundant. Tiff's parents are amazing and so is her sister and her family. Between us, Cash will have all the love and support one boy needs!

Cash has been blessed to have wonderful parents, they will make sure he has a full and happy life.



He loves his new ride from Mommy and Daddy!




I wish I had a fork!


Mark likes the college savings account!


Being a mother and grandmother has changed my perspective on everyone around me. Everyone is somebody's child, somebody's miracle, deserving of love. Even the homeless beggar on the sidewalk. I look at him with compassion, just because once upon a time, he too was a one year old crawling around on somebody's carpet.
  
Time goes by so quickly. How magical it is to watch, how wonderful to love someone so much.