Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Five years...

For the past five years I have been serving at the Mount Timpanogos Temple.

Winter

Summer

Spring

and Fall you can find me at the temple on Tuesday.

I love the sisters I served with. It's a privileged to be there each week. I have also been serving as coordinator on my shift for a year now.

Along with my wonderful assistant Susan, we prepare the schedule. We have about 65 sisters who serve on our shift. We also try to make sure those who attend have a wonderful, peaceful experience. It is a good feeling at the end of the day when things go smoothly. When problems occur, we have been blessed to find quick solutions and have seen many miracles.

President and Sister Brown are currently serving as temple president and matron. They are at the temple everyday except Sunday and Monday. They are amazing examples and I have learned so much from them, especially Sister Brown.

One of my favorite quotes about temples comes from Elder Boyd K. Packer:

No work is more of a protection to this Church than temple work and the family history research that supports it. No work is more spiritually refining. No work we do gives us more power. No work requires a higher standard of righteousness.

Our labors in the temple cover us with a shield and a protection, both individually and as a people.

So come to the temple—come and claim your blessings. It is a sacred work.

For more information on LDS Temples, click HERE.