Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Celebration Continues...

The Wyoming Centennial Farm & Ranch Program honors families that have owned and operated the same farm or ranch for 100 years or more. There were about 20 farms and ranches receiving recognition from all over Wyoming. We were proud to be among them.

My cousin Jerry Federer inherited the ranch after Grandma died in 1984.


Aunt Bernice could not believe it when she saw her 4th grade teacher at the ceremony! Her name is Dorothy Duvall and I guess she had a crush on my Dad!

Paden waiting patiently for our turn.

He was a good boy and played quietly for over an hour.

There were about 30 of us at the ceremony.

We are trying to look interested in what the speakers have to say!!






Senator John Barrasso, Representative Cynthia Lummis, Governor Dave Freudenthal and Senator Mike Enzi were there to present the awards.


My cousin Jerry and his wife Marcia accepted the award. I thought of Grandma and Grandpa, for almost 70 years they worked and operated a successful ranch. I am sure they were happy that we were all there to celebrate.

I hope the ranch will always stay in the family.



I sure enjoyed seeing my cousin Carlene again. She is so beautiful... inside and out!

So Tim and I headed for home. We stopped at the Well Draw plant. It made us sad and wish that things would have turned out differently.

We also stopped at Martin's Cove. I love it there. President Hinckley once called Martin's Cove Wyoming's Temple. It is a sacred place and I feel a special spirit there.

They have little handcarts now. The little boys pulling the cart are so darling!

I told my friend Sister Nickell that I would stop and see her. I served with her at the temple. She works so hard and is always kind. She and her husband are serving a mission at Martin's Cove.

I love Sister Nickell. They have 8 daughters. I think this is their fourth or fifth mission. They have enjoyed their mission at Martin's Cove so much they planned to come back next year.

We also stopped in Casper for some famous hot wings.

I enjoyed the trip with Tim but I am glad to be home. There is no place like home!!

By the way, about one month to go...
until Cash's birth day!