Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Woodworker

Tim has many admirable skills but I think woodworking is his favorite. For him, it is more than building things with his hand, it is a way to express creativity. He has created many beautiful things and I hope he will get inspired to start a new project. It has been too long.

Tim dusted off his tools the other night. He volunteered to help the eight year old cub scouts learn some basic woodworking skills.

The boys were so darling and eager to learn.

They made a cool tool box and Tim made it a fun project.

He will be a wonderful grandpa!

I thought of my own cub scouts who became eagle scouts.

I have so many happy memories of Chris and Mark's scouting years. I was a den mother, cub committee chairman and Tim was the scout master. Time goes by so fast!