Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hakuna Matata!

Tim had meetings in St. George again so I tagged along. The weather was so nice and I got to exercise outdoors!

I finally got to try out my new Sketcher Shape Ups. I love them, I so want to shape up and be the biggest loser. Is that too much to ask?!!

I walked to the St. George Temple and participated in an endowment session. It was a wonderful morning.

After Tim's meetings, we were off to Vegas for an early Valentine's celebration. We had a wonderful dinner and the appetizer was the best bruschetta I have ever tasted ~ so savory!!


Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days...

I always wanted to see the live show of The Lion King. So after dinner, we went to the Mandalay Bay Theatre to see it. In a word, WOW!

With my valentine of almost 29 years!

The opening sequence is dazzling. The performers come from the back of the theater, costumed as elephants, cheetahs, zebras, rhinos, gazelles, buzzards and ostriches and proceed onto the stage. It was a breathtaking sight and it gave us chills.

Rafiki can chant!

It doesn't matter. It's in the past.

Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or ... learn from it.

Timon and Pumbaa steal the show!

It's a love story!

The wonder is how much the actors look like animals! We were in awe of the creativity that can take simple sticks and fabric and create the idea and beauty of a lion or giraffe.

The costumes were amazing. Most of the actors essentially played two parts-delivering their own facial expressions and spoken lines and also as a part time puppeteer moving the gorgeous costumes that melded with their bodies.

My favorite new song is "They Live in You," which reminded Simba that his father Mufasa (and all the great kings of the past) live on within him.
They live in you
They live in me
They're watching over
Everything we see
In every creature
In every star
In your reflection
They live in you

All the music was wonderful and performed by a live orchestra, with drummers on both sides of the theater. They used every kind and size of bongo drum. It really rocks you! You can feel the deep rhythms in your heart. Can you tell we enjoyed the show?!!

Thanks to my sweetheart for a fun night!