Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Birthday with friends - 2007

"A friend is someone who knows all 
about you and loves just the same"

Lorie Lisonbee, Cindy Horrocks, Beckie Rainer, Barbara Evans,
Billie Nixon, Denise Nygegger and Susan Savage - BFF.
Surrounded by 7 of my closest friends we celebrated at Susan's home!

"Have friends not for the sake of receiving but of giving"

Lorie outdid herself with a delicious chocolate cake.
"We have been friends together in sunshine and in shade"
Denise made this unbelievably gorgeous quilt. The label said: "But what is a stitch for? To hold. It binds past to present, heart to heart, from generation to generation. It is said that she who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love - You have comforted us all with your sweet friendship for all the years we have known you - Happy 50th Birthday!"

"We are not old friends because of the laughs
we spend -- but the the tears we've saved"

Susan collected letters from over 50 people, including family and friends and presented them to me in a beautiful book. I read them again today. So many heartfelt letters that I will cherish forever. I was trying to thank them through my tears...