Monday, September 22, 2008

Dress Rehearsal

Sister Kapik, choir manager and Sister Webb, choir conductor --
For almost 2 months I have had the privilege of meeting each week with these talented women.They have shared their testimony of music and of the Savior.
I will never forget this experience.
I have been changed ... for the better.
Our last practice was on Sunday and we always have a guest chorister for warm-ups. It was Donald Ripplinger, retired associate conductor for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He is hilarious and likes to have things go HIS way. I loved it. We sang "As Sisters In Zion" and "We'll Bring the World His Truth." I am not sure we sang to his standard but he taught us so much in just 30 minutes!
It took about 30 minutes to get lined up and in our seats. I sit next to our amazing choir manager, Kam Kapik. She has given countless hours to make sure everything goes smoothly. I had the pleasure of being one of her assistants. I also sit next to another new friend, Alayna. She is a young mother of 5. Her mother passed away from cancer a few years ago. She and her sister sang at the funeral. Her Mom was only 52. We have shared many tender moments. I know this experience has helped her continue to heal and find peace. She misses her Mom so much and now focuses on supporting her Dad.
 















A sea of white ready for the Conference! It was so exciting to sit in the choir loft. When the organ started to play I started to cry.  Big surprise! It was an incredible experience to actually sing in the Conference Center.