Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Best brother ever...

As the years go by I feel more and more thankful for my brother Lloyd. We have had some really wonderful and difficult experiences over the years. It was a very sacred and comforting experience to be with him at Mom's bedside the last few months of her life. He was my rock and I borrowed his faith and strength many times. We had a wonderful road trip to California a few years ago. We have worked together to plan family reunions. He is a no nonsense kind of person. He is fair and is always the first one to help others in need. He rarely waits to be asked, he just seems to know. He has the best sense of humor and one-liners. He has a big heart. He loves his son and daughter, and he loves being a grandpa. Lloyd always honored Mom and Dad. He helped Grandpa and Grandma Federer many times. He was often at Uncle Carl's ranch doing chores and helping him as well. We have always been good friends. I honestly cannot remember a time we had an argument. He let me hang out with him and took me roller skating or to Ft. Collins to get curly fries at Arby's. We went horseback riding and played in the hay loft at Grandpa's barn. He let me drive the tractor. We went sledding and ice skating. Lloyd and I can talk about anything and he gives me sound advice. I really love him with all my heart. He's so grateful for anything you do for him, even the smallest thing he will always show his gratitude. He has found the love of his life in Rhonda. He treats Rhonda like a queen, her happiness is paramount. It really is so heartwarming to see them work together at the ranch. Rhonda mentioned to Lloyd that she wanted a memorial for her Dad. Since his death Rhonda has wanted a large stone to be place under a tree at the ranch. She said it was "Dad's tree." He chose the perfect stone and had a plague made. He sent me a picture and he said Rhonda was "astounded." What a thoughtful gesture. What an amazing and lasting tribute to her Dad. Now they have a place to go to honor him and remember him. Mom loved butterflies and every now and then he will see a butterfly and take a picture. He sent one awhile ago and simply text the word "Grannie." Lloyd and I are only fourteen months apart.


Kenny ~ Lloyd ~ Marion ~ Ernie ~ cute puppy


Roseanne ~ Kenny ~  Marion ~ Lloyd ~ Eileen ~ Les ~ Ernie


Ivan and Nelle and our family a long time ago
My Mom made my dress and I loved it


Lloyd ~ Eileen ~ Ern ~ Roseanne ~ Kenny ~ Marion


Lloyd ~ Ernie ~ Marion ~ Dad ~ Kenny


Lloyd and Dad


Lloyd and Christopher at my grandparents homestead 


Eileen and Lloyd, San Luis Obispo, California


Lloyd can get out of any tight spot!



Marion ~ Eileen ~ Lloyd 


Lloyd ~ Jasper ~ Paden, grandsons ~ daughter Mandy


Lloyd and Rhonda with their family


Ern ~ Eileen ~ Lloyd

 I want to give a shout out to the best brother ever. I love you Lloyd. I'm very thankful you are my brother. Happy Birthday!