Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Unmitigated joy...


"There has been a huge amount of research out of Harvard about what it does for grandparents to have proximity to their grandchildren. Like if you're a grandparent and you interact with your grandchild more often, you are likely to live longer. You're likely to have higher levels of a sense of purpose and meaning and connection.

You're likely to laugh more. You're even more likely to recover from illness more often. I've seen that in the eyes of my wife's parents, of my parents, when they get around our girls. It's just, it's unmitigated joy. There is something about proximity to grandkids that is literally medicinal for grandparents."
~ Evan Carmichael

I didn't need a Harvard study to know the benefits and joy of being a grandparent. I give thanks everyday for Cash, Colby, Grey, and Grahm. They really have brought us so much joy. 



Monday we had a birthday date with Grahm and it was wonderful. I love this tradition. We had lunch and went shopping. Grahm found a gecko that can climb up the windows and walls!


And a very cool dinosaur!


We came back home and played for awhile. He saw the balloons and said, "Grahm is 7." He's growing up so fast. He wanted chicken soup with homemade noodles again. I was happy to make that for him. I got him his very own birthday cupcake and Grandpa and I sang Happy Birthday to him.






We also watched a movie, read books, and slept very good.


Milk mustache!


After breakfast the next morning we went to Boondocks and Grahm was so happy Grandpa came too. Boondocks has been remodeled with lots of fun new games. 







Grahm won a ball at the claw machine game.




Grahm soaked Grandpa with the squirt gun.
He thought that was big fun to get Grandpa wet!




We were all hungry after Boondock's so we 
had lunch at one of Grahm's favorite places.


Grahm is a delightful boy, so polite and loving. I hope he knows how much we love and adore him.

Grahm said, Grandma," I have to tell you something. I'm going to write you a letter and say thank you, and put in the mail." He's so sweet.



I think Graham looks like Colbs in this picture. 
He is such a handsome boy!


Happy 7th Birthday Grahm!

Just for fun, here are a few pictures from 
my first birthday date with Grahm.