Tuesday, August 29, 2023

My Hero...

Colby had a wonderful experience this weekend as he participated in the Summit Day Camp. I'm so thankful that I went to the closing ceremony. It was very regal, inspiring, and impressive. I teared up several times. Colby will remember this experience for a long time. He gave the camp a ten out of ten. I love Colby, he not only will do hard things, he will also do great things!

What is Summit:

Summit is a two-day medieval simulation-style day camp for 8-12 year-olds. Led by the trained Youth Leaders of Hero Quest and staffed by Adult Volunteers, Summit allows children to become Knights and Maidens in the medieval nations of Christathel (for girls) and Terra Libre (for boys), where they learn to use their unique gifts, talents, and abilities to solve problems together as they face adversity from the villains of the Shadowlands and Geldt. The event culminates in an epic Final Battle (with foam swords and arrows), followed by a ceremonial celebration.' The event is completely staffed by volunteers. 
















Grahm loved seeing these dragons!




I'm thankful our grandsons have devoted and loving parents. Tiffani searches for worthwhile experiences and signs the boys up. I know Mark works hard to provide the means. 

Colby is my Hero, I know he will "fight fight fight for right" as he sang in the closing ceremony. 



Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!