Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Mountain top with Colby...

Spring soccer started last Saturday! We always looked forward to being part of the boys fan club. Grahm scored a goal but the other team had one player that scored a lot of goals. Grahm got a little discouraged. I gave him a thumbs and he responded with a thumbs down. He said, "I'm tired of the other team getting so many goals."




In between games Colby and I went for walk on the mountain road by their home. It's a pretty steep grade but we made it just fine. I really enjoyed being with Colby and having a chance to visit with him.



I told Colby that I think a mountain is a metaphor for life. Walking up a steep mountain can be challenging. We will all have challenges in life but we can overcome them with faith and determination. I also told Colby we can do hard things.

The scriptures are full of reference to mountains. How we ought to look to them, how God moves them, how they melt in his presence, or shake in His glory. God spoke to people on mountain tops. Mountains are holy ground.

I have always loved this scripture and I shared it with Colby. 

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 17:20

I hope when Colby has "mountains" to climb he will know he's never alone. I hope he also has many mountain top experiences that are joyful. He sure has given me many joy filled mountain top experiences! 

I looked forward to going on many more walks together. I really love our Colbs.

Colby can do hard things, he built this amazing Lego tiger in no time!