Thursday, November 18, 2021

Throw Back Thursday ~ Foundation of Faith...

Several years ago Tim and I sat behind a family in church that had 7 children… 2 girls and 5 boys just like my family. The parents did their best to keep the children quiet while trying to listen to the talks that were given. I thought of my own parents who took us to church every Sunday. We would pick up Grandma Federer and drive the ten or so miles to town. We were always dressed in our Sunday best. The only time we missed Sunday services was when there was a blizzard! I know Sunday mornings were a struggle to get us all dressed, fed, and out the door so we could make it to church on time. I also know we didn’t always sit quietly and listen. But I still remember Bible verses and songs from Sunday School.. “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.” Seeing that family in church today was a reminder of how very thankful I am for the foundation of faith that my parents gave me.


Sunday best!




Not pictured is my oldest brother Kenny, 
I can't remember where he was.


First Church of the Nazarene
My Dad and brothers helped build the church. Grandma Federer always paid her tithing and made many substantial donations.


Grandma Federer Day
Everyone loved Edna!