Monday, January 25, 2021

Eyes to see...


 As I pray for the Lord to open my eyes to see things I might not normally see, I often ask myself two questions and pay attention to the impressions that come:

“What am I doing that I should stop doing?” 
“What am I not doing that I should start doing?”

Eyes to See | Michelle D. Craig | October 2020

(Quote from a talk given by Elder Kim B. Clark | Encircled About with Fire • August 4, 2015)

"I learned that we needed to ask ourselves two questions. I believe these are the questions whose answers will lead us to do what we need to do to prepare for what lies ahead. Here they are: (1) What am I doing that I should stop doing? and (2) What am I not doing that I should start doing?

As we asked those questions in prayer, we received very specific answers. We changed how we spent our time, what media we allowed into our home, how we served in the temple, how we studied the scriptures, how we served the Lord, and many, many other things. We needed to increase our spirituality. Through this process of repentance, the Lord Jesus Christ reached out and changed our lives. We felt His mercy, His grace, His love, and His power. Through His matchless power He changed our hearts and our minds, and He lifted us up to Him. It was a turning point in our lives."