Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Birthday love... Part II




My heart is so full. I took the day off from school and all day long I had several texts, (thanks Mark), birthday wishes on Facebook, phone calls, flowers delivered, neighbors stopping by, and best of all the birthday elves snuck in and decorated the house. They also left several lovely gifts and a beautiful card. I could not stop the tears when I came in and saw that Tiffani, and the boys had spread some more birthday love.

Chris called me from the Philippines, it made my day to talk to him.


I started the day with a walk. I have always been grateful that I was born on Veteran's Day. I love seeing the streets lined with flags. Veterans Day was originally called “Armistice Day” and was celebrated on November 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and November 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. I honor my Uncle Marion who died fighting to protect our freedom.

Beautiful flowers from my friend Billie. Even with all that's going on in her life, she still took time to order flowers and give me the sweetest card.

I enjoyed one of my favorites, walnut shrimp, went shopping, and made dinner for Billie and Rulon. What could be better than giving service on your birthday!

I cherish the homemade cards that Cash, Colby, Grey, and Grahm made me. 

From Colby



From Cash



From Grey

From Grahm

I am so blessed!