Saturday, August 10, 2019

Always give more than you take...

I like this song by Rascal Flatts.. "My Wish"... "I hope... you find God's grace in every mistake, and always give more than you take."

Give without expecting anything in return, after all it is more blessed to give than receive. (Acts 20:35)

A 91-year-old WWII veteran said, “Our lives are not about collecting things. It’s about serving each other.”  

I think about the way I give, and who I serve, and of course I always want to put my family first. Helping Chris clean out his storage unit or watching Cash, Colby, Grey, and Grahm overnight, these are the things that bring me the most joy. 


Snoozing away... Grahm was having a little trouble falling asleep so I put him in bed with Cash. Grahm took Cash's hand, and Cash whispered to me, "Grandma, Grahm is holding my hand." Cash told Grahm, "I'm here if you get scared." He soon fell asleep and slept peacefully in the portable crib the rest of the night. Giving...

Grey gently combing Grahm's hair... giving.

Colby practicing the trumpet... giving!

Cash let Grey play cars with him. He explained to Grey what aerodynamic means and other car related stuff. Grey listened carefully and rarely took his eyes off Cash... giving.

My grandsons are often the best of examples of what it means to give. I'm so proud of them.

Happiness does not come from what you take from the world, it's what you give to the world.
Give more than you take.