Sunday, February 10, 2019

Teacher for a week...


I subbed all last week for a wonderful teacher that teaches CCA, Clothing, and Foods. She spent the week taking care of her mom. Two of the class periods are clothing. The students are making aprons. I felt so grateful that my Mom and Grandma taught me to sew. I learned to make skirts, dresses, quilts and more, and I learned the importance of hard work. They taught me that spending weeks on something is worth it in the end, even if I wanted to be finished in one day! I also learned that trying to keep my stitches straight was important but it’s okay if they are not perfect. We get a chance to rip out the stitches and have a second chance. I enjoyed helping the students and I was proud of them. It was a blizzard outside on Wednesday, a perfect day to be inside sewing! We also made cinnamon rolls and Snickerdoodles in the Food classes. I had a few moments where I understood why teachers love their jobs. It's not about the money (they don't get paid enough), it's about making a difference, and helping the students succeed.