Monday, September 24, 2018

Because I Am a Child of God...

It doesn’t really matter if I’m short or if I’m tall
Or if I like to sing or read a book or throw a ball,
No matter if I finish first or if I trip and fall,
I know I’m loved because I am a child of God.
Whenever thunder crashes and the wind goes howling by,
Or when a bully threatens me or teardrops fill my eye,
Before my fear starts growing, I still know just what to try.
I always pray because I am a child of God.
If ever I should want to be dishonest or unkind,
Or things that are not good or true begin to cloud my mind,
I listen for the voice that brings the peace I need to find.
I think of Him because I am a child of God.
A child of God. He watches night and day.
He cheers me on, and hears me when I pray.
No matter what, I won’t give up. I’ll listen and obey.
I’ll choose the right because I am a child of God.

Yesterday was a proud grandma moment. I was trying to hold back the tears and we watched Cash, Colby, and Grey sing and give talks for the Primary program. The theme was I am a Child of God, and I loved this song they sang. I want the boys to always feel loved, always pray, always think of Him, never give up, and choose the right... because they are a child of God.

Cash gave his first talk and he did great. He's been telling me for weeks that he would be giving a talk in church. Colby and Grey said their parts together with their class. They all looked so handsome in their Sunday best. Grey smiled and waved to Tiffani during the program. He has the most angelic face.

Grandpa snuck a few pictures, look close and you can see Colby and Grey.



Cash had an interview with his bishop yesterday, he will baptized in a few weeks. I'm proud of Cash, he's a good example to his brothers. 

Colby's birthday week ended with dinner and cake. He did a good job decorating his cake with ninjas.




We had a nice walk together and even felt a few rain drops! Colby asked me to stay for awhile and watch a movie. How could I say no, it was the best feeling to snuggle with them and watch Beauty and the Beast. 


Life is not perfect but it does have perfect moments.