Friday, January 19, 2018

Thank you...

Jimmy got the quilt I made for him on Wednesday. His reaction really touched my heart. He really loved it, he said it broke him in two. I haven't heard that expression for a long time. 



I talked to him today and he was pretty down. It's his birthday and all he wants to do is see or talk to his parents. All these firsts are so difficult. I know the quilt will bring him some comfort, but there is still that empty place in his heart that nothing can really ever really fill. 




From Jimmy:
Your timing is impeccable, I needed that more than you know. The card made me laugh... I'm still crying about the letter. You mean the world to me, and I have, and will always be honored, and proud to have you as a friend and aunt. I love ya very much. I'm speechless, I love the quilt very much, and I love ya very much. It's been a long week, your timing was amazing, the quilt is amazing and I am very thankful for it and you.

From Jimmy's wife Casey:
Hello Eileen, I hope you are doing well! Jimmy received your box you sent him last night. I wanted to say thank you from me. We all have had suffered so much loss recently. It makes life hard a lot of the time. Watching him open that box was so special for me to see. He wrapped up in the the beautiful quilt last night and slept so peacefully. Again thank you for being such a special aunt and friend in his life! We both love you very much!