Monday, January 15, 2018

President Monson...

On January 2 at 10:01 p.m. surrounded by his family, President Monson passed away. He has been our prophet, the 16th President of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since February 2008.
I will remember President Monson as someone who "went about doing good." I will also remember that he told us often that "when we are on the Lord’s errand, we are entitled to the Lord’s help. Remember that whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies." (Duty Calls, Ensign May 1996)

I remember feeling overwhelmed by the responsibilities I had in different callings, especially stake Relief Society president. I trusted in this promise, and knew I had the Lord's help.


Tomorrow, President Russell M. Nelson, will broadcast a live message to members of the Church. That broadcast will be followed by a press conference. President Nelson is the senior apostle, so it's expected he will become the next prophet. The Church will likely be in the hands of a 93 year old heart surgeon! 

We will know soon who is counselors will be.