Monday, August 28, 2017

Kindness...

Almost every time I am with my grandson's, it makes me think about being a kinder person. I never want to do anything to wound their sweet spirits. I want to be an example of kindness. Cash, Colby, and Grey are almost always kind. Sure they have a squabble occasionally, but they are quick to apologize, especially Colby. I see them being kind to baby Grahm. They hold him so gently.

 (Photo credits to Tiff)


New tricks!





Clean as whistle... I told Colby and Grey not to goof around while I helped Cash in the bath. Grey looked at me and said, "Grandma we won't goof around." They sat by each other, and watched a show while I was with Cash.


I have a goal this school year to be kinder. I have become a bit jaded, and I'm going to make a greater effort to be kind. Sometimes students who are difficult test my patience, but I'm still going to be kind. I want to be kinder to the people I love. I'm sure I won't be perfect, we all have our moments. Hopefully they will be few and far between!
Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic of the noblest men and women I have known. Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes. ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin, Ensign April 2005
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless – Mother Teresa

“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can read.  – Mark Twain 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.  – Plato

Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.– Albert Schweitzer

If we cannot be clever, we can always be kind.  – Alfred Fripp

Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns.  – Unknown

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.  – Aesop

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Joshua Heschel

When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.– Harold Kushner