Thursday, July 27, 2017

Bulls, Cows, Calves...

I like to stay with Lloyd and Rhonda at their ranch. I like to go for walks in the morning. The air is clean, and it's nice and cool.

Sunday morning I woke up to a rooster crowing. I fell back asleep for a bit. It very unusual for Lloyd and Rhonda to sleep in, but we had a couple of late nights, so I was glad they did.


When Lloyd got up he asked me to drive out with him to were the cows were, because he had to bottle feed a calf. His mom doesn't have enough milk, so they need to supplement. Soon enough the calf will start stealing milk from the other cows.

I really love spending time with Lloyd, and watching him do chores. He helped our Dad, and grandparents for years. He learned from best that hard work pays off. 

We drove to where there were a bunch of calves and cows. Lloyd got out of the pickup, and started saying, "Here baby, here baby." Soon the calf came running to Lloyd, and he enjoyed his breakfast. 



You can see #71 ribs, but he will catch up real soon. 

After the chores were finished I drove back to town to visit my brother Kenny. We had good visit, better than when I saw him in April. He smiled more. They are taking good care of him at Lifecare. I noticed he kept leaning forward in his wheelchair. I asked him if his back was hurting, and he nodded yes. I rubbed his back for several minutes, and he seemed to like that. I always hold his hand, and tell him that I love him. I walked away wondering if this will be the last time I will see him. I had the opportunity to thank some of the nurses and aides. One nurse said, Oh we love Kenny. That made me feel good. I pray for him everyday. 

I also took flowers to Les and Mom's grave. How I miss them.


Later that day my aunt and cousins joined us at the ranch. Lloyd had loaded up two bulls to take out to the pasture were the ladies were! So we got to ride along and watch Lloyd turn out the bulls.





It's a lot of work to run a ranch. Lloyd and Rhonda both know all the best ways to take care of the livestock. They actually really care about the cows. Lloyd calls them "his girls." 


 Cousin Teri loved seeing the horses.

Rhonda cooked up a delicious dinner. We sat around Grandma Federer's drop leaf table.


We talked and laughed until dark. It fills me to the brim to be with my family.