Saturday, November 12, 2016

11/11...

Well another birthday has come and gone. For so many reasons this was such a wonderful birthday. Getting older has it's ups and downs, but when family and friends make the effort to make the day special, growing older doesn't seem so bad! 

I was happy I could have lunch with Chris before he left for Thailand. Thursday my friend Lorie took me to lunch. I haven't seen her for months. 

I wasn't sure what to expect at work, but it was overwhelming. My teacher Mrs. Ungerman had a beautiful gift basket sitting on my desk. I couldn't hold back the tears as I read the card she gave me. All the classes sang happy birthday to me. 


Holley usually decorates around my desk, but there wasn't anything there when I walked in. A few minutes later I got a call that the assistant principle wanted to talk me. She asked me a lot of questions about how things were going with my TA's... all the while Holley was up in my room decorating with balloons, a banner, and confetti everywhere.



I asked a student to take a picture of me, and he took a quick selfie first. I love Gideon!

I was busy grading papers when I got another call to come to the office. Tim had sent a beautiful bouquet of Fall flowers. I cried again.

Then one of my TA's said she needed to talk to me, and I walked in the room to find all my TA's there. They sang to me and gave me a box of chocolates. 

The principle also gave me a card and some Lincoln Loot.

I came home from school to find the house all decorated compliments of Tiff, Cash, Colby, and Grey. I stood there for moment taking it all in. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. And yes I cried again. 


Someone had a few pretzels while they were decorating!


There were sticky notes with clues that Cash and Colby had thought of for a treasure hunt. I found some of my favorite things all over the house! There was also a gift bag with other wonderful gifts.




This was one of my favorite things. Tiff asked Cash and Colby some questions, and on the back of the poster she had written there answers. I have read them several times, it makes me smile and laugh every time!

How old is Grandma? 
Colby-17    Cash-85
What is her favorite color? 
Colby-yellow    Cash-pink
What is her job? 
Colby-To work   Cash-A teacher
What is something Grandma says?
Colby-We can have treats    Cash-Be careful
What makes Grandma happy?
Colby-When we say silly things    Cash-When I give her a hug
What is she good at?
Colby-Being a good teacher    Cash-Hanging pictures
What do you do together?
Colby-Me and her play    Cash-Science experiments
What makes Grandma sad?
Colby-When I punch her    Cash-When we're not there
What is Grandma not very good at?
Colby-Painting    Cash-Drawing bears
What is something you always say to her?
Colby-Diarrhea    Cash-Will you play something with me?

This is all pretty accurate except Colby has never punched me!



 Feeling the love!

I had so many nice texts, phone calls, birthday wishes on Facebook, and many lovely gifts. Billie stopped by, and it was so good to see her. 

The best gift is always being with my family. Thanks to Tim, Chris, Mark, Tiffani, Cash, Colby, and Grey for one of the best birthdays I have ever had! I love you so much.

 So blessed and so thankful!

This is the last year I will be fifty something, oh well!