Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mary Kay...

Last week when my brother Kenny was so sick, his first wife Mark Kay shared a thoughtful, sincere post on Facebook. She has always been a strong and forgiving woman. She's someone I have always admired. To me she's the the difference between between ordinary and extraordinary. She's loyal and so kind. You definitely want her on your team. She has been a single parent and has worked two jobs for many years. She loves unconditionally. She is all about family. She's very proud of her daughter and sons, and taught them right from wrong. She volunteers in her community almost on a daily basis. She has honored her parents. She's a very devoted mother and grandmother. Even though she and Kenny have been divorced for many years, she has never treated him unkindly. I cried when I read this post, we are blessed to have her in our family. She will always be my sister-in-law and friend. I love you Mary Kay.
"First you were my friend. Then you were my husband. Then you gave me an extended family. Then you became the father of my boys. Then you were my ex-husband.
Now you are my friend. Now you are the brother/uncle of my extended family. Now you are the father of my boys. Now and always you are my friend.
Sorry that you aren’t feeling well. Sending up extra prayers for you, our boys, our family during this difficult time. Stay strong my friend and get better soon."