Friday, April 29, 2016

April School Days...

I've been busy at school and subbing a lot. I am teaching the leadership class every other day since Mr. Kano left. I like teaching the class. We always have lively discussions and the students often amaze me with their thoughtful comments. We have been focusing on leadership qualities, imagine that!

Before Mr. Kano left he asked the class if they wanted to plan an activity for the school. We call them house competitions. The school is divided into 4 houses and we have competitions usually every other week. The house that wins gets a free dress day. The students love that, because they get tired of wearing uniforms everyday. Soooo, since Mr. Kano was gone it was up to me to finalize the plans for the activity. Two girls in my leadership class took the lead and organized the activity. They decided to have a cake decorating contest. Of course it had to be timed, so they asked one of our favorite teachers to be the timer. He had to eat an entire chocolate cake while the students decorated the cakes. The cakes were judged and then the students had a relay race to see which house could eat the cakes the fastest! I was so proud of my little leadership class. They worked hard and we had a lot of positive feedback.


I love the look on Mr. Tongi's face. He is always a good sport.


 Mr. Tongi got some help finishing off the cake!

One of the best things about working is knowing I can do do things that I never imagined I would be asked to do. I have taught multiple times this year, and even though I don't have a degree, I feel like I do a good job. I can be in charge of things and feel confident in my abilities to get things done. I supervise all the teacher assistants, and keep things running smoothly. Whew... looking forward to the summer break!

Mr. Hunt (principle) ~ Me ~ Mr. Kano ~ Holley
I organized a fitting farewell for a great teacher. 

I had all the students write a note to Mr. Kano and the art teacher made the cover for me. I really do think teachers are unsung heroes. Mr. Kano loved this book!


Mr. Kano's favorite color is green. Holley helped me decorate his room.

 Holley's silly message, she spelled mike wrong (mic).

 An octopus on his desk!

I enjoyed assisting Mr. Kano and I miss him. He really was a good teacher and he will be an equally wonderful principle!