Friday, January 22, 2016

"Grandma, what does peace mean?"

Photo credits to Tiff

Yesterday I got to watch Grey so Mark, Tiff, Cash and Colby could go swimming. It was so wonderful to see that he's feeling better. He's still a little congested but thankfully is back to his normal happy self. Grey is a delightful boy. I love to hear him jabber. He knows several words now. When my phone rings it sounds like a guitar. Every time it rang yesterday he would move to the rhythm of the music. It was so cute! 

When everyone got back from swimming, I stayed to play a few games with Cash and Colby. After their showers we read a few books. That's really one of my favorite things to do. It was time for bed, so I said a prayer with them and kissed them goodnight. Cash was tired and ready for bed. I tucked Colby in his bed, and as always he said I'm going to be scared. I reminded him that I had just prayed to Heavenly and Jesus and asked them to protect him, and that he would have sweet dreams. I also told him that he lives in a safe home and that Mommy and Daddy are always nearby. I reminded him that he can always say a prayer when he feels scared. Colby then asked me to say another prayer. I said something like, please bless Colby to feel safe and loved, and please help him to have peace. After I finished he looked me and said, "Grandma, what does peace mean?'' I told him it's when you feel safe and calm. I reminded him that Heavenly Father and Jesus love him. He look at me with that signature Colby smile. It melted my heart. There was no more talk of feeling scared.




I love you Colby!