Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving in the city...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Christopher is a wonderful host. We had a delightful Thanksgiving Day at his home in Salt Lake City. I dare say it was the BEST turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy I have ever had. Of course he made everything from scratch. He brined the turkey overnight and made homemade stock. Delicious. 


I made a few appetizers, white cheddar cheese and cranberry dip. It was tasty. And mac and cheese bites like they have at the Cheesecake Factory, only they were baked not fried. I also made a yummy pumpkin cheesecake that I liked better than pumpkin pie.


 Carving the full bird!

Plating up the delicious Thanksgiving Day meal.

 I can't spell!

We played a few games which is always fun. Chris also taught us how to meditate and then led us in a practice session. It was amazing and I want to start meditating more. Last but not least he had a goal setting activity for us. It was divided into 3 categories...
  1. Negative thought or situation
  2. Affirmation
  3. Goal
We took time to really think about a goal we want to achieve in 2016. It's always a good idea to set goals and it was helpful to pause and write it down on paper. I am so grateful for a son is always so kind, generous, and supportive. I love my family and have much to be grateful for.

Thanks again Chris, what a nice day!