Saturday, May 16, 2015

Payson Temple Open House...

A few years ago Tim and I took a drive and saw the Payson Temple under construction.

All finished...

Payson Temple 4
At least 400,00 people are expected to visit the Payson Temple during the open house. I was thankful our family could be among those to tour the temple before it is dedicated. It was a wonderful opportunity to be with Mark and his family and talk with Cash and Colby about the temple. Cash told me he liked the baptistery and the oxen the best. Grey looked up at the spectacular chandeliers and Colby said he liked the sparkly lights. It's a stunning temple. I loved all the beautiful windows.

President Monson is expected to dedicate the temple on June 7. It will be 146th operating temple of the Church.



"I don’t know how to speak about heaven in the traditional, lovely, paradisiacal beauty that we speak of heaven–I wouldn’t know how to speak of heaven without my wife and my children. It would not be heaven for me. Now, you can say that’s wishful thinking; or you can say that’s just because you love each other and you’ve gotten cozy here on earth and you like each other’s company. It’s a lot more than that. There is something eternal in the statement that ‘Neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man, in the Lord’ (1 Corinthians 11:11). That is not just good sociology–that is theology. It is eternal."
(Between Heaven and Earth, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, DVD.)
- Jeffrey R. Holland


We watched a short video before we went inside the temple. I have seen it before, but each time I here Elder Holland share this message, it brings tears to my eyes. Elder Holland puts it in such a perfect way! I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful that we have a living prophet to guide us through these rough times on this earth. And I am grateful for the knowledge I have about the Savior, and for His Atonement that allows me to live with my family for forever. Like Elder Holland said, it just wouldn't be heaven without my family. I'm grateful for the blessings we receive by going to the temple. Cash saw that I had tears and he looked at me and said, "Sometimes my eyes water too." 

 
 We missed you Christopher!