Friday, May 15, 2015

Old Testament...

I don’t read the Old Testament often. I have studied it in Gospel Doctrine and when I attended institute class where Michael Wilcox taught from some of the chapters. Even when I was a member of the Nazarene church, I never read the Old Testament from cover to cover, and if I tried, I would hit a wall around Exodus 25 – after the Ten Commandments and when it becomes about building things, “burnt offerings” and “aromas pleasing to the Lord.” It feels repetitive and, frankly a bit boring. I do however enjoy reading from Psalms and a few of the shorter prophetic books. I am not sure why I decided to read the Old Testament cover to cover, but about a year and a half ago I felt prompted to do so. I finished a few days ago. I felt some accomplishment and discovered some hidden gems. 


"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of men." Ecclesiastes 12:13

The End