Friday, August 22, 2014

Back to school...

The summer of 2014 will always be the "Summer of Mom." I was gone most of June and half of July to be with Mom. That was exactly where I was suppose to be and where I wanted to be. But it made summer seem so short and I'm back to school again.


The new junior high addition was finished just days before school started. It's even better than I imagined it would be. It's nice to have our own building and to not be sharing one with the elementary. I'm sure all the elementary teachers and students feel the same way!


I miss Mrs. Otto, we were a perfect match. I have a new teacher, Mr. Kano. He is a great guy. I like his style and he seems to love what he does. I can tell he will be a favorite of the students. He is very motivated and has several degrees, including a masters. His goal is to get administrative certification and be a principle. He plans to teach only one year at Lincoln. 


The room I was in last year had NO windows. I love our new room. It has two large windows with a beautiful view of the mountains!

 
The classrooms are larger and so clean for now.


Sometimes it's very quiet.


And other times not so much.


Holley helps Mr. Kano with student council.


I have a nice desk and a real chair. Last year I had a folding chair. 
Some of the students felt sorry for me!


Mr. Kano is big into teaching grammar. I will be copying a lot of worksheets from this notebook!


So I get to spend the next 177 days with this group, lucky me! 
They are really good kids.