Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom...

I really wanted to be with Mom on her birthday. On Friday, July 11 she turned 82. I thought many times that she might be waiting to pass after we celebrated her birthday.

Mom loved butterflies and these ended up on a light by her bed.

She was very weak and didn't talk too much. Lloyd, Heidi, Kenny and I were in the room when Mandy called. Mandy and her boys started singing "Happy Birthday" and we all joined in. Mom smiled the entire time we were singing. I said, Mom it's your birthday and you are 82. She said, "Yes, that what I am."

The nurse told us that she didn't expect Mom to make it another week. We were all thankful we could be with her for one more birthday.

Heidi said something and Mom said, "Your not following my instruction." Then she said, We will have to learn her better."

I brought her some Mountain Dew, because it was her favorite soda. I gave her a few sips and she seemed to enjoy it. A few minutes later she said, "Pop, pop." 

She got a few cards, flowers and Heidi brought balloons but she was pretty unresponsive. We were sure she felt loved.

Marion and Heidi brought some pictures from her apartment. I would often go over to Les's picture and tell him to come get her.

I was so glad when Marion got to town. Being with my brothers made everything better. I love them so much.