Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts ~ For Cheyenne...

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Cheyenne. She came to play at her Aunt's home a lot and it was a magical time. Cheyenne stole our hearts... we have so many happy memories and loved having her spend time with us. 



Chris and Mark loved having a "little sister." It actually broke my heart when her family decided to move to Burley. 




Cheyenne had a few sleepovers at our house. Tim and Holley came to pick her up one morning and I had put a note on the door that said something like, "Go away, you can't have her back." I heard laughing outside and we reluctantly let her go with Mom and Dad! 

One of my favorite memories of Cheyenne was when I took her birthday shopping at the mall. She was such a good natured child and I never remember her being naughty. Well... she a saw a bin filled with jelly shoes and that's what she wanted. I searched to find her size and they were all way too big. She laid down on the floor and had a good ole temper tantrum. I couldn't believe it, but she let me console her and we found something else she liked.

Cheyenne called me Leen, and before having lunch one day, I asked if she wanted to say the blessing on the food. She said yes but was struggling a bit to find the right words. I started to help her and she said "Leen, I can do it myself."

Now this sweet girl is all grown up. She has found her Prince Charming and he proposed to her on March 30. She said yes!






It was fun to be in on the surprise that night. She has a beautiful ring and a bright future ahead with J.D. 

I am so happy for you Cheyenne. I love you so much!