Friday, October 26, 2012

Just 3 Words

5K ~ LIFTING HEARTS
Susan ~  Kara ~ Eileen

In August of 2008 my friend Kara was diagnosed with breast cancer. I watched her go through this journey with faith and courage. She discovered there were no support groups in the area, so she formed the group "Lifting Hearts." They are always serving and teaching other women about the early detection. Kara and some other survivors planned a 5K- Lifting Hearts in Utah event to raise money to expand their efforts so they can help many other survivors. She worked so hard to plan the 5K and it was a wonderful event.

My friend Susan and I wanted to participate to honor and support Kara. 


 It was a lovely Fall morning...

and we enjoyed the walking along a beautiful path in Cedar Hills. 

Kara is an inspiration to me... I'm so grateful she beat the odds. She fills in the gaps for resources, for support and adds a boost of hope along the path of recovery and healing for many women