Tuesday, July 31, 2012

California Dreamin Part I

I really wanted to go to California for my aunt and uncle's vow renewal ceremony. Tim was busy with work and was worried about his mom so I didn't think it was in the cards. Tim came home from work on Thursday and asked me if I had packed my bag. He had re-scheduled a few things and Johnnie Belle was feeling better. So I quickly got ready and we left early Friday morning. My aunt and uncle live about 2 hours from Bakersfield so we decided it would be fun to visit Mark and Dianna on our way there and see where they have been living for the past five years.

They have a very nice home.

Mark is known for being very tidy and as you can see everything is in its place in the garage.

 Coast and Lisa ~ Coast has really grown, I haven't seen him for about 5 months.

It just so happened that all of Mark and Dianna's children were also coming to Bakersfield. There son Brian will return from a mission to Canada on Thursday so they were gathering to welcome him home. It was so fun to see Lisa and her family and Jodi and her family. Julie and Eric were coming later. Thankfully I just saw them in Cheyenne.

Coast smiled and jabbered, he's so cute!

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Jodi, but this is her handsome son C.J. with me and Coast.

I haven't seen Rosie for almost 2 years, she's so adorable.

Grandpa Mark and Rose

Dianna made a yummy dinner for us and as always Mark was right there helping her clean up.

Chase and C.J. playing with Jodi's i-Phone. They will have another brother or sister come January. We are so happy for Jodi and Chris!

The toy closet!

With 11 grandchildren there at the same time, every corner of Mark and Dianna's home was being used, even the closets were turned into bedrooms!

Grandpa Mark and Coast, Coast is at that stage were his hands are his favorite toys!

Tim had a nice pool side visit with his brother Saturday morning.

Mark is the institute director in Bakersfield. He has a lot of responsibilities and is a great teacher. He teaches college age students doctrines and principles found in the scriptures. Institute is a great way for students to meet people, have fun and grow spiritually. It's always fun to see him interact with the kids. He relates well with all of them, it's his gift!

Mark's office


We saw a lot of oil wells and...

almonds trees around Bakersfield. We got to try the almonds and they are so fresh and flavorful.

Thank you Mark and Dianna for your hospitality, we enjoyed seeing you and your sweet family!