Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trek to Wyoming...

I really wanted to check on my Mom after she had surgery so I hitched up my wagon and started the trek to Cheyenne.



I saw several accidents but despite the sleet, snow, rain and wind me and my Toyota ELV Wagon made it safely to Cheyenne! 

My Mom was happy to see me and I was very happy to see her. She is recovering well from surgery.

A hug from Mom's Great-grandson Fox is the best medicine! He calls Mom Granny-great, how sweet is that?! Fox is so handsome, smart and polite.

(Mom has 3 doctor appointments next week, still waiting for biopsy results...)

I visited some of my friends and family while Mom was napping. This is my niece Julie's youngest, adorable Mr. Crew. Richard and Judy live across the street so I had a good visit with them. They are so busy so I was excited to find them home!

I also visited my niece Holley and her family. David and Elizabeth played the piano for me. They are very talented!

David and Elizabeth

Izzy ~ Holley ~ Me ~ Heather ~ Joseph 

I was especially grateful to see my niece Heather, it's been a long time.

I always visit the grave of my grandparents.

Storms clouds were rolling in right at dusk and it was freezing cold! But so beautiful and peaceful at the same time.

This is the newest member of the Federer family! Lloyd got a donkey and he is cute. I love being with Lloyd as we walked around his farm. He is really amazing with horses, an original "Horse Whisperer!"

I'm grateful I could spend some time with Mom and my brothers, Kenny, Ernie and Lloyd. I love my family.


The trip home to Utah started out like this...

Elk Mountain
but thankfully the sun came out and it was smooth sailing on into Highland!

I always get emotional when I see the Wasatch Mountains. I feel like my Dad is my guardian angel and I'm grateful I arrived home safe and sound one more time.

I missed my little family, especially you know who!