Monday, February 20, 2012

Quotes for the Week - Optimism

"History is filled with terrible times but, in the past, those tragedies were isolated, provincial events. Now everyone sees everything

This is not to say that, in such a setting as ours, ignorance is bless. Rather, let us be intelligent about these, our times. The appropriate attitude for the future is one of informed optimism, the future is filled with promise..."
~ Gerry Avant

 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
~ Isaiah 41:10

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it does not pay be get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."
~ Lucille Ball