Friday, September 23, 2011

My Firstborn...

Christopher Glenn turned 29 on September 18th, 29... how is that possible?!

I know... I look awful in this picture but it was one of the happiest days of my life! I woke up at 2:00 the morning of September 18. After about 2 hours of having contractions, Tim and I headed for the hospital. Chris was born at 9:44 and weighed 7 pounds 9 1/2 ounces. I pushed for over an hour and broke some blood vessels in my eyes after giving it all I had! I still have a broken blood vessel in my left eye after all these years. I don't mind, it was all worth it!

Nobody was happier than Tim, he waited a long time for a family of his own. We thought it was so cute the way Chris had his hands on his head, it was as if he was saying, that gave me a headache!

I think Chris looks like Cash in this picture!



Chris didn't want to have a party but it just not possible to let the day go by without a celebration. It was one of those times where you hope it's a good day and it was better than I imagined. 

Chris wanted chicken and beef kabobs and you can see from the empty table they were delicious!

From Christopher's Uncle Lee ~ He's not only his uncle but a valued friend.

Lee and Chris' good friend Adrian ate with us. They are admiring Tiffani's new car.

Chris has lost over 20 pounds, I'm very proud of him. Handsome!!!

We can't have a party without you know who!

Cash was very interested in Chris' birthday pumpkin pie!

After the pie, we took turns telling Chris why we love him. It was a wonderful evening. Thanks to Lee, Adrian, Mark, Tiffani and Cash for celebrating with us!

I know this is your year son! It will all work out, I promise!