Wednesday, February 9, 2011

35 years...

"Home of the Thunderbirds"

So a few days ago I got an invitation for the Cheyenne East High ~ Class of 1976 ~ 35-year class reunion. Yikes and Holy Moly!! The invitation said, "You may not want to see us, but we want to see you!" I can't believe how fast 35 years have gone by. 

The year I graduated, the United States celebrated the 200th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. We all wore red, white and blue ribbons with a medallion honoring the Bi-Centennial Anniversary.
  
Disclaimer: I was not popular in high school. I was painfully shy. I had a few good friends, which is all you really need. My friend Suzan and I still keep in touch. 

I have some good memories of going to dances and finally getting a car so I didn't have to ride the bus for 2 hours everyday.

We can't all be a cheerleader or the captain of the football team.

That was then

This is now 
I have aged a bit but I am soooooo grateful for life I have right now.

Can it really be 35 years?!!