Friday, November 26, 2010

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing...

I love that hymn, it zeros in on what Thanksgiving is all about: being together... with family. Forget the mad dash to buy gifts and staying up all night to wrap them. It's a time when you can just share a fabulous meal with people you love.

When I count my blessings, I don't have to look far.

Thanksgiving 2010 

My Dad gave me these Pilgrims many years ago.

Fall decor is my favorite!




For years we have gone to Mike and Pam's for Thanksgiving. They scooted off to Cali to be with family so we hosted Thanksgiving this year. 


Table for four... 
  ready for Gabi, Bella, C.J. and Chase!

Tim, my turkey expert!

 
 Jodi, Rose and Great-Grandma Johnnie Belle

We were so happy Jodi and her family could join us for Thanksgiving this year. It has been almost three years since we have seen them. We finally got to meet Rose, she's adorable ~ all nine months of her!!!

We were also delighted to have Brad, Vanessa, Gabi and Bella be with us. Vanessa has become quite to Domestic Goddess. She is so creative and made this yummy cheese ball. She also sews clothes for Gabi and Bella and has been making them a dollhouse! 


Cash arrives!

Cash and Rose meet!



Almost time to eat!




Gabi, Bella C.J. and Chase

These four cousins played together happily all night!

Eric drove down from Logan after he got off work. He gave me a hug and said, I just needed to be with family!

Terri also dropped by! She has a new, very cute do.


Grandma got Cash a state of the art chair!

Chase ate olives all night long!


Chris and Rose!


Gabi ~ what a beautiful girl!


Look what Rose can do!




 Time for pie!

Well Thanksgiving 2010 is in the records books. What a fun, memorable night!

Thanks to Tiffani, Vanessa, Jodi, Christopher and Tim for your help.

Only 28 days until Christmas!!