Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pickles!

I don't know if Cash will like them but I canned some dill pickles for him!

It a great recipe that my family really likes. I haven't made them for a few years so it was time. Johnnie Belle gave me the recipe, it was from her friend Elma.

I was also going to can peaches but we ate them all. They were so juicy and delish. Maybe another day. I would rather hold my grandson!

I made a wonderful peach dessert two times with some of the peaches. My friend Teri Mitchell shared it with me and it's yummy. So just in case you don't have it:

Peach Dessert

Crush about 1/2 box vanilla wafers (I use just a little more than 1/2 a box) ~ set aside
Cream together: 1/2 cup very soft butter and 1
1/2 cups sugar

With butter mixture add crushed wafers, mix well. (Save 1 cup of mixture to sprinkle on top of dessert) Pat in bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Peel and slice 8 to 10 very juicy peaches. Add to top of crust. Whip small carton of whipping cream with 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold together whip cream and a small container of Cool Whip. Add to the peaches and sprinkle with 1 cup of reserved vanilla wafer mixture.
Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.