Sunday, July 11, 2010

For My Grandson

Guess what I have been doing?

...sewing blankets and things for my grandson!

I have enjoyed every moment as I have sewn the bedding for his crib. Tiffani chose such fun fabrics. I need get a picture of the bedding in the crib.

I am so excited to reach grandma status. When I found out I was going to be a grandma, I was speechless and felt such joy. I have heard a grandmother's love for her grandchildren is overwhelming. I can't wait to experience that kind of love.

I loved my grandparents so much, especially Grandma Federer. I want to be the kind of grandmother she was to me. I spent a summer with her and she taught me how to quilt. I will never be as good as she was but have loved making things in preparation for my grandson's arrival.

My sweet daughter-in-law has let me feel him move and kick. I looked forward to holding my grandson and seeing what kind of personality he will have ~ but most of all, I look forward to being his lifelong friend.

Gotta go, I need to finish the bedding for the cradle, whew!