Friday, March 19, 2010

Aunt Kay!

“I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give encouragement, to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to build faith and strength of testimony.”
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Uncle Dale~Dad~Aunt Kay
Uncle Bub~Aunt Bernice


I love this statement from President Hinckley. It describes the life of my Aunt Kay so well. She has been giving and serving others her entire life. So it is no surprise that she is going to serve a mission! She called me Wednesday night to tell me the good news.
I am so happy for her, she will be a wonderful missionary.

Uncle Dale~Aunt Kay
Uncle Bub~Aunt Bernice~Dad


She will be serving in Chicago at the mission office. She will go sometime in August. It is not always easy to leave children and grandchildren. I know she loves them dearly but she also loves the Lord and wants to serve.


There is a constant need for more senior missionaries and they perform wonderful service. I admire Aunt Kay for her willingness to sacrifice and serve the Lord full time as a missionary. I know she and her family will be abundantly blessed.


Aunt Kay and Me ~ September 2009

I would describe Aunt Kay as a stalwart and so valiant. She has had more than her share of adversity. Life can be hard but she never gives up. She is strong, obedient, courageous and so much fun!

Congratulations Aunt Kay!